Coming Soon! National Farm to School Month
National Farm to School Month is right around the corner, and now is the time to start planning celebrations for your school and community! Every October, thousands of students, teachers, farmers, food producers, food enthusiasts and families celebrate the connections happening all over the country between children and local food. Join us!
Here are several resources to get your planning started:
- Find activity suggestions in our National Farm to School Month Celebration Toolkit
- Download and print posters, stickers, coloring pages and bookmarks
- Add your event to our National Farm to School Month event calendar
- Plan a farm to school site visit for your legislators
- Ask your governor or mayor to sign a Farm to School Month proclamation
- Recognize your local farm to school champions with an award
- Sign on your organization or school to be a National Farm to School Month outreach partner and help us spread the word!
Be on the lookout for more ways that you can celebrate National Farm to School Month 2019 with the National Farm to School Network, coming soon!
Call For Workshop & Poster Proposals
The 10th National Farm to Cafeteria Conference is coming to Albuquerque, New Mexico, April 21-23, 2020! Hosted by the National Farm to School Network, this biennial event is the only national gathering of stakeholders from across the farm to cafeteria movement, making it an unparalleled opportunity to learn, network and innovate with like-minded food movement leaders from across the country. Learn more about the conference here.
Do you have expertise to share? We’re seeking workshop and poster proposals from individuals and organizations that are working to improve our food system, advance equity, empower youth, and grow healthier communities. The Request for Proposals (RFP) is open now through Oct. 4, 2019.
To learn more ways to celebrate National Farm to School Month, please visit them at http://www.farmtoschool.org/our-work/farm-to-school-month.